Are you a military spouse, English teacher, university student, or just an expat living in South Korea? Been to all of the popular spots: Seoul, Jeonju, and Busan, yet hankering for more adventures? Don’t speak Korean and nervous about venturing out solo? Or do you simply want to explore more of South Korea, but don’t know where to start?
Look no further than the Korea Travel Expo 2017.
Held annually, the Korea Travel Expo (내나라 여행박람회), will occur February 16-19, 2017 and is slated to be the largest expo featuring intrabound tourism. Taking place in the COEX Mall, 400 organizations will highlight travel information and share why expats should visit Korea. This travel expo is free, child-friendly, foreigner friendly, military friendly, solo-traveler friendly and an awesome resource travelers interested in exploring more of South Korea.
The main theme of the Korea Travel Expo 2017 is “New Discovery about My Country.” As its name implies, traveling off the beaten path is the key feature of this expo. As travelers will be introduced to the beautiful spots, unknown but delicious restaurants, and hidden spaces to explore. The entire concept will showcase the “taste and beauty of ROK.”
Throughout the 4-day event, expats and locals will have the opportunity to:
• Gain firsthand experience of regional culture and learn just where to find the spectacular sceneries throughout this beautiful country.
• Visit over 650 tourism booths filled with storytellers and tour guides, who are excited to share the customs and history of their regional culture.
• Speak with several popular travel writers who will share their tips & tricks to traveling Korea.
• Get expert advice on hotels, travel agencies, resorts, theme parks, and transport.
• Participate in the experience zone, for hands-on activities, taste Korean foods, and enjoy traditional cultural performances, providing a valuable experience for guests.
• Visitors can also purchase regional products not readily available in Seoul.
• Have fun and learn what-to-do and where-to-go in South Korea.
With a direct focus on sustainable travel that gives back to the local community, this fun, interactive, and foreigner friendly travel expo, definitely needs to the calendar of every expat living in Korea. So, grab your South Korea bucket list and head on over to the Korea Travel Expo 2017, to create the perfect itinerary for your South Korea adventures!
The Korea Travel Expo 2017, is hosted by the Ministry of Culture, Sports, and Tourism with supervision by Korea Tourism Association.
WHAT // Korea Travel Expo 2017
WHEN // Thurs Feb 16- Sun Feb 19, 2017
HOW // Pre-Register here (it’s free): https://goo.gl/lBU7Au
WHERE // COEX Mall: Hall C and D1 (3rd Floor). Samseong Station (Seoul Subway Line 2), Exit 5 or 6. The COEX is connected to the station.
CONTACT // Korea Tourism Association, Tourism Industry Bureau (Tel: 02-2079-2423,26,27)
WEBSITE // www.naenara.or.kr (Korean only)
FTC: This is a paid advertorial for the Korea Travel Expo. However, all opinions are my own.